Singer and actor Kim Hyun Joong has made his comeback with the perfect and adamant guy so different from ‘Boys over Flowers’ Yun Jihoo.

On the 26th afternoon at 2pm at Seoul, Kangnam-gu, Nonhyun-dong Imperial Palace hotel, MBC new Wed-Thurs drama ‘Playful Kiss’ press conference was held. Casts Kim Hyun Joong, Jung SoMin, Lee Taesung, Jung Hye Young, Lee Si Young attended the press conference. Kim Hyun Joong expressed on the press conference “Baek Seungjo is the combination of Goo JunPyo and Yun Jihoo”.

In the drama, he plays Baek Seungjo, the genius flower boy who possesses the indifferent and aloof charm, and is the romance target of all female students whilst also posing as a threat for male students.

When he introduces his character Baek Seung Jo, “He’s like boF’s Yun Jihoo + Goo Junpyo. Though he’s a tough and annoyable person, but inside him there’s this inability to express what he wants to say, and that point is quite similar to Goo Junpyo”.

With regards to portraying his character, “To be honest I’m someone who doesn’t have many flexible sides, in order to portray this tough guy, even though I managed to be become tough, it ended up that I had became tougher (behaviour set wise)…I felt stressed in the beginning. Though I became tough (personality), still, towards the people around me, I’m affectionate as usual”, rousing chuckles of nostrils.

In order to digest his character, “I’ve been working hard in trying to keep to the right pace/feeling, yet not losing that tough and rough tendency he has towards people. Back in the Yoon Jihoo role, he was very quiet, and if that showed a soft and gentle image, then in this time’s role, he will be so very loud and may end up in a state of wretch/neglect in the middle of drama”, explaining his role.

On the other hand, it will air after ‘Road No.1′ on September 1.

Credits: http://star.mk.co.kr/new/view.php?mc=ST&no=461812&year=2010 + ode@blog



‘In this time’s drama, I play Baek Seung-jo who’s not well bred but is a genius. Even when he speaks, he sounds rude. I’m trying my best to keep to that by speaking as close as possible”. Kim Hyun Joong who played as Yoon Jihoo in previous Boys over Flowers also said, “Yoon Jihoo was one who could keep very quiet to many things and shows his gentle, soft side, but this time, my role will be one who keeps quack-quacking here and there; you’ll see something that you didn’t see in Bof. You’ll be sure to see some wretched sides of his here and there in the drama. Will be interesting”, attaching a smile of his.

“He’s a genius who has IQ 200 but is a very tough guy. In overall, he is a person who is so tough and corky yet has a very humane side to himself. I’ll work hard”.

Credits: http://star.mt.co.kr/view/stview.php?no=2010082614413332275&outlink=2&SVEC + ode@blog



“Until now, I still feel awkward/shy being as an actor. Though I’m now acting, I am much more natural when I’m on the stages out there performing”, “Because I began as a singer when I first stepped into this entertainment industry, it will be more apt if my profession would be named as a singer instead”, “When I become better as an actor one day, it will then be more suitable to title me as an actor”, divulging his aspirations.

Kim Hyun Joong who was borne from SS501 played the role of Yoon Jihoo in Boys over Flowers. In the initial state, his acting and pronunciation was criticized by the audiences. He mentioned to that, “I placed wine corks in my mouth this time to correct and practise my pronunciation”. “I will show you guys my more matured acting skills this time than BoF that will have you all go Wow!”, hence flaunting his confidence.

Credits: http://news.tvreport.co.kr/cindex.php?c=news&m=viewv4&artclid=60918 + ode@blog



“In order to overcome people’s criticism of my acting, I frequently stuck wine corks in my mouth and practised my pronunciation. I practised alot on that. The result was…indeed my pronunciation improved much during interviews”.

Credits: http://www.unionpress.co.kr/news/detail.php?number=70158&thread=04r01r04 + ode@blog

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Your Ad Here


Your Ad Here