February 25, 2011

Why I Like Kim Kyu Jong...

I've been meaning to repost this ever since I got permission from Annie but I'm only posting this now, since it's Kyu's birthday yesterday and all. :) Perfect time to read about why we like him so much. I liked what Annie wrote about her feelings for Kyu, so I'm sharing with you all too. You're probably already a follower in her Tumblr, so for those who haven't seen this yet, by all means, read along...



WHY I LIKE KIM KYU JONG...
Hmm. When I first saw SS501 as a whole.. something about Kyu Jong stood out to me. It sounds weird and illogical but it’s like one of those feelings..”instant like”. I know you’re thinking “you’re only attracted to his looks” I’m not going to lie, I am. I think Kyu Jong’s really handsome; Not sexy or cute but handsome. As I watched more and more of SS501 variety shows and videos, I started doing my research on him. I watched countless videos and even though Kyu Jong didn’t talk as much as the others, something about him just made me feel curious.. in a good way. As the years go by, I started noticing his personality more and more as he spoke a little more each time. Yes, it’s really hard to tell if an artist’s “on screen” personality is the same as off screen but nevertheless, I really like his personality. To me, he brings the feeling of kindness and surprises. He’s one of the fewer artists that I feel who is really heart warming. Not only so but he’s one of the fewer who takes time to show his thankfulness to others, especially his family. He’s really well-mannered and it never fails to make me have positive feelings towards him every time he does his 90 degree bow, to his elders and younger.

When I found out how Kyu Jong got into SS501, it impressed me even more. Furthermore, it inspired and motivated me. It took him audition after audition to finally get accepted into DSP ent. It really shows true strength and perseverance. It takes a lot of courage to get up after being pushed down again, and again. His positive outlook on everything makes me want to learn from him. To sum it up, I really look up to him. Despite the criticisms and obstacles he had to go through, he persevered and kept on going, reaching the furthest he can, doing his best. With that being said, he’s a figure to look up to because to me, his story is a perfect example of following your dreams & don’t letting anyone rain on it. Because he was from a small town called JeonJu, Seoul was a rough transition for him but he managed to pull through. He spoke a dialect and you can imagine how hard it was to move out of your comfort zone and stepping into a whole new place. He was from a small town his dream was big and he pursuit it. Each performance, he gives his 101% effort and I can see it. He’s always trying to improve himself for his fans and trying to bring out the best of him to show all Triple S.

I don’t know what you guys think but to me, I can see Kyu Jong is really a friend to value because he’s one of those who’d be there for you, to back you up. From all the videos I’ve watched, especially the one when Young Saeng cried about this kid in SOS, Kyu Jong’s character stood out the most because he was the one that showed instant concern and support. Kyu Jong’s always the one that backs up the members. He’s like the one the middle person, pulling the group closer together. Hyun Joong once mentioned Kyu Jong’s always the middle person, he never takes sides. From that you can tell Kyu Jong would never do anything intentionally to hurt segregate the members. He would never do anything to hurt the relationship each of the members have for each other. In SS501, He has such a strong bond with each of the members; KyuMin, KyuHyun, KyuJoon & KyuSaeng. He values brotherhood and friendship and that’s really precious. Also, Kyu Jong’s a guy who would put his family & friends before anything else. Despite his busy schedule, he always tries to go back to his hometown, JeonJu to visit his relatives. He’s always trying to have leisure time with his family. He hasn’t forgotten his family, always remembering his hometown, where he came from.

He would be the one who would really try to brighten your day even if he couldn’t brighten his. Sure I’ve liked other artists before but None can ever measure up to how much Kyu Jong means to me. Kyu Jong’s so precious to me and that’s a fact that will never change. I could most likely keep on going but it’s a feeling that really can’t be put into words (to me anyway); you have to personally feel it in you.. That exact feeling you have towards your bias.
-Written by Annie (foreverkimkyujong.tumblr.com)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree more with Annie. She is so correct in all she has said about Kyu Jong.

He is a positive light in the world

jjovenq said...

I feel it in my heart as well. He is the center, the gravity that pulls everyone together as one. A VERY GOOD MAN!! I LOVE HIM DEARLY!!
...bluesapphire...

Anonymous said...

i love what she wrote! describe my feeling to kyu jong!! its exactly how i feel translated onto paper! haha good job annie proud to be triple s

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Your Ad Here


Your Ad Here