If you're a Triple S, you would know how wonderful it is to be called a fan of SS501, right? These boys set themselves apart from other boy bands not only because of their talents and good looks, but most importantly, their great love for their fans. And they don't just say they love us, they really go out of their way to show their love. Even in little things, and in their own little way, they show us how much they care. And that's why we are proud to call ourselves Triple S! I've posted before some of the reasons, read PART 1 of Why It's Good To Be A Triple S Fan. Kelemama just tweeted more reasons (thanks!), so I'm posting them as Part 2 to share with you all. Read on...
- When Triple S fans were blamed for throwing lightsticks at SNSD during their performance once, Leader and Jungmin defended their fans and said “Green is a color, it can represent anything, so there is no need to blame our fans because they share their love to all artist and respect even those they hate or dislike.”
- Prince mentioned before that when he prays at night he always asks God to protect his fans, Kyujong said that this was true as he’s seen it several times and he constantly stares at Prince when he prays. The last part about Kyujong staring led people to laugh.
- During their concert in Thailand, there was a fan who had a Kidney transplant and was eagerly waiting to see SS501. Because there were some complications with her kidney, her friend wrote a letter to Leader about it and gave it to her friend who was going to give a gift to Kyujong, making Kyujong the bridge so that the letter could pass onto him. Leader read the letter and sent the fan a gift.
- There was a fan who argued with the guard that taking pictures using personal cams/phones are not allowed and a professional photographer was hired for this. the fan still took a picture with her fave member on stage and the guard went and broke her phone. Jungmin bought her a new one on the spot and the fan even mentioned it was a better phone than the one she had before and she was speechless. After a month, a fan updated her cyworld account and showed a photo of the phone still looking the same as it was bought.
- A pregnant fan was in the crowd of people who were standing, she was bearing her child for almost 4 months now and when Young Saeng saw her and saw how hard it was for her to stand and cheer for them, he asked the guards to escort her to a safer place for her to watch the boys. (in other words, one of the seated sections on the VIP spot.)
- Even if Leader sometimes doesn’t show his leadership skills because he loves having fun with fans and being silly like Jungmin, although he shows his great leadership skills when it is most needed.
- When SS501 was given a letter by a fan asking if they could come to her 18th birthday party they sent her a letter and a big cake (bigger than her original one) and apologized to her and sent a video of them singing happy birthday a 4 of their songs and dancing to it. They apologized because they couldn’t come due to conflict schedules but mentioned they would have otherwise, Jungmin even joked and said “And also if we came Hyun Joong would eat your cake and your food at the party and make everyone hungry in the end because he’s eaten everything.”
- Even with much pain due to the recent car accident of Leader, he still continued the making of the MV and some netizens even spotted him wearing his support/bandage around his waist. The staff mentioned they had to stop from time to time because he was at pain but due to the postponement and long wait of fans Leader decided to continue doing the MVs and performances as well as their performances despite the pain he was physically carrying.
- When Maknae was once coughing during a fanmeet, the fans spread it to the others at the back and the last girl ran out to buy some cough medicine near a pharmacy and when guards wouldn’t let her in she passed it to a friend inside and when it was her turn she gave it to him. he then read through one of his fan letters where one of them mentioned that her friend couldn’t come because she was sick so he decided to ask for the staff to help him find the best medicine for a very high fever.
- Young Saeng likes to mention his fans as his “babies” from time to time in his last entries.
Of course, there are a lot more reasons why these boys make us proud to be their fans, the reasons above are just some worth noting. Each Triple S has a story to share, of how SS501 touched their lives. If you're not a Triple S, I hope you learn to respect these boys even though they're not your biases. These are beautiful individuals inside and out, and if you just give yourself a chance to know them, you will love them too. ^^