October 2, 2009

Happy Chuseok!

Before I knew Kim Hyun Joong or SS501, I wasn't really THIS interested in anything Korean. I've had Korean friends before and their culture has always been fascinating to me, but I've never asked about specific information like Korean holidays, etc. Well, now it's different. I'm interested in anything that includes SS501! I know a lot of you can relate to what I'm saying, right?

Having said that, it's only now that I've learned about Chuseok, one of Korea's most largely celebrated holidays. If it wasn't for my love of SS501, I wouldn't be aware of this special Korean holiday. Chuseok is a Korean Thanksgiving Holiday, also known as "Harvest Moon Festival" and this year, it falls on October 3. It's supposed to be a special time for families and friends to gather together, share food, give thanks to their ancestors for a year's bountiful harvest, and basically just enjoy their time together. Traditionally, Chuseok is a 3-day celebration, and it starts today! Koreans celebrate this holiday in their hometowns by putting on the traditional Hanbok – and honor their ancestors with foods from the new harvest. The feast includes rice, songpyeon, along with kimchi nuts, fruit, and fish.



This sounds really interesting, and the more I read about it, the more I'm actually beginning to appreciate this Korean custom. I can't help but think how our SS501 boys are going to celebrate their 3-day holiday. I hope they'll have a time off to be with their families! I can just imagine them getting together with each other's families and eating a bountiful feast! Awww... I love big celebrations like this. Can you imagine the boys wearing Hanbok? Maybe this will help...


[2007.jpg]
[911301tn0.jpg]
[200802050919461002_1.jpg]
*Credits as tagged in pics*

You know what, I can't explain it, but somehow I actually feel the spirit of festivity while I'm writing this. Hmm... weird. Anyway, the boys also starred in a show called Hanbok, and for those who want to check it out,
iBreatheLifeMusic was kind enough to sub it in English and upload it in YouTube. Many thanks!

HanBok
- Parts 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

Happy Chuseok!!!
Chuseok jal ji nae sae yo!!!
추석 잘 지 내 새요!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Your Ad Here


Your Ad Here